Thursday, August 6, 2009

If I shop... will you buy?:D

Would any of you be interested in buying well-conditioned vintage hijabi treasures like a mod jilbab, a sleek jumper, a fab vintage caftan, or a glam jalibiyia for an affordable price, from me? Because, on top of the abaya business that inshaAllah will finally launch sometime late December [can't promise the website will arise as quick but inshaAllah], I'd like to put my shopping skills to some use. I ALWAYS find gorgeous vintage treasures (that just aren't my size) that I'd still like to take home and make even more fab (I like to fix things, or make them even prettier). I personally prize vintage (and mixing it with mall finds) along with my internet buys since it makes my wardrobe unique. I have a gift for finding hijabi pieces and I love to shop for others even more than I do for myself, so I was wondering if there'd be any sisters out there interested in this? I mean, it is a sunnah to re-use and redistribute clothes especially overgarments, and its not like I'd sell anything ugly, frumpy, smelly, or damaged, ya know? LOL, I'll buy it, wash it, style it (by sewing or adding accessories) then post it (photographed on some non-muslim models/friends of mine). I've thought about doing some of these for profit [ones where I am only making a 10-15% profit on the value+the shipping which I don't earn on but you pay], and of auctioning off certain really glam finds (that I managed to find for absolutely nothing---I was a girl who could make off with Chanel, Valentino, Dior, and Oscar de la Renta from Value Village I kid you not) that I get at a steal to raise money for whatever charitable cause effecting our Ummah that I'd like to contribute to. What'd'ya think? If I shop, will you buy????

No comments:

Post a Comment