Saturday, October 10, 2009

Designer Half-Niqabs from the Gulf

InshaAllah, I do intend to be wearing my niqab full-time when I return to Canada. I'll try. I believe it is mustahaab (recommended) so I'll do my best. But of course, I've wondered on what I'll do to wear mine differently. Colours of course. Pins of course. Neats ways of styling the shayla as khimar + the niqab. Decorated niqabs----???? Such as the like that are sold at this website http://www.bestabaya.com/abayas/niqab.html perhaps... but only for super special occasions (like my non-muslim family weddings or galas).These are certainly unqiue but... they all come in sheer. Which is not niqab to me. So I'd have to wear a half-niqab underneath of them for them to be niqab at all. Which might be a tad uncomfortable.
What do you think?
Do you like the idea (if not the exectution of it) of individual style on the niqab, or do you think this might be a bit too exotic/overdone or tacky?
This simple ribbon one is pretty though to me.
Russian Empress anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment