Friday, April 10, 2009

Hijab Style With Earrings

Whenever I do a hijab style with earrings (my earrings are always long chandelier or hoops not studs!) I wear an al-amira hijab underneath so that baby hairs, temples, neck and ears are fully covered. I can also innovate an al-amira by wrapping a shayla this Egyptian way of styling.......First you tie the shayla behind your head leaving the two ends free...... then bring the ends around the front and pin at the side of your head. It should be snug and look like this---minus one hijab.The problem with the earrings style is sisters generally leave the look just like this. What you get is a neck gaps and the bottom of the earlobes protuding out. ...So I usually wrap a draped hijab style over with another shayla, like the Qatari style so the ears and temples are covered and the al-amira or Egyptian wrap blow covers the neck and hairline but leaves the earrings free. Has always worked for me, since I don't feel comfy with iffy style picture just above this paragraph.(here's the Qatari wrap show how the earring hang---but this style is lacking neck coverage)

And some sisters are very creative and pin the earrings completely outside of their hijabs but this look doesn't work for me personally.

RULE: When it comes to hijab, don't compromise it for a style---make a style into hijab.

No comments:

Post a Comment