Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Cultural Hijab is Just a Scarf

P.S All, I had to remove the second pic because I didn't know it was copy-righted. Sorry Yas, I didn't know it was copy-righted. I didn't read the sidebar because generally when I visit, I am going, when I saw the site, called Hijabs-High, I saw very little hijab, and just a little scarf. If it was called "Scarf-Style" I wouldn't be in a virtual tizzy:D

The intentions of the site are sweet, to share hijab style with the rest of us, and many of the styles inspire, even if they are not Islamic, but they also confuse, if one labels them "hijab". If hijab to one is just a scarf then it is actually called "khimar" but hijab is much more than just a khimar. And khimar has to cover certain parts of the body including the chest or it just isn't Islamic khimar. When I was a new Muslim, I thought alot of things were okay to wear that are not, simply because Muslimahs wore them. Islamic hijab is allowed to be stylish, but it still has to follow what the Qu'ran and the Prophet Mohammed sallalahu allahi wa salaam said about it.

Here is the pic I had posted http://hijabshigh.blogspot.com/2009/04/st-edmunds-college-cambridge.html(tights, skinny jeans, and boots and skirt, are not hijab---no ifs or ands about it). You can wear these things under your hijab, but not as hijab. I am tempted to take a picture of it, because the girl's style is REALLY REALLY cute, but the bottom half of her body is Islamically clothed-but-naked. (I TOTALLY wore this sort of outfit out before I converted to Islam). And If I took a picture of a picture, it isn't copyrighted. The face of the Mona Lisa is everywhere even though the postcard is owned by the Musuem for a reason. But, too much effort. If the girl was only wearing a skirt or even wide leg trousers I wouldn't even bring it up. But I wanted to because she is so close and yet so far. My Allah subhanhu wa ta'ala accept her intentions.

Anonymous, I don't post anonymous comments since I require anonymous users to read the comment box before commenting and it says that there:D On these posts I am not picking on the girls. I am aware, many girls might wear hijab (a scarf---not actually hijab) to please someone other than Allah subhanhu wa ta'ala: their family, men, or their country. That is wrong because then, as I said, it is just a scarf, and not a hijab at all, if it is not worn for the sake of Allah subhanhu wa ta'ala, in the way precribed by Him, sometimes explained by His messenger. Also, I acknowledge, that maybe the girl's don't have the proper knowledge. Nowadays we are bombarded by so many faux-fatwas that correct hijab can be difficult for the person that does not use the sunnah for guidance. I and many others are posting this online, that skirts with tights and knee length boots do not constitute anything accepted by Allah subhanhu wa ta'ala because it does not meet the requirement of modest, loose fitting, opaque clothing, that show nothing but the face and hands, and in one madhab, the feet. This is from the authentic sunnah. Read this post for the daleel http://beyoutifulhijabi.blogspot.com/2009/05/hijab-rehab-this-is-not-hijab.html

Again, cultural (or fashion for the sake of fashion rather than fashion for the sake of Islam) is just a scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment