Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hijab Accessory: Flower Pins

Jana over at Hijab Style recently posted about flower pins as a hijab accessory. I DO really love this Turkish bridal style, but, well, it's not hijab, it's a headscarf. But looking at it, I was thinking, I coul TOTALLY ROCK that style with a niqab. I sometimes wear my flip niqab the side. It blows that way anyway since I am almost always losing my top stick pin by the end of the day (to the hazard of people everywhere---sorry Boxie's Mom for the pins I left in your airmcahir and habibi for the crystal encrusted hijab pin that impaled your fancy new sneaks). Anyways, I'd just sort of flip the niqab a little to the side and then slide a brooch or flower pin in as if I was wearing it at my ear. Makes a black niqab less scary to non-muslims who might not know whether I am a funeral-goer or not (cuz I love my black abayas and shaylas and niqabs). To me, it is very flamenco.

No comments:

Post a Comment