Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Arabesque Abayas Fall/Winter 2008 2009 Collection

By now these are the very-passed-around pics of this sites' Arabesque - Sheilas and Abayas with a French Touch designer collection for Fall/Winter 2008 2009. I wasn't loving most of the collection, though it was fun. The colours of that blue floral fabric is vibrant, and I might wear it. I do like the cut. The make up for the overall collection wasn't hitting a high note with me. The eyelashes evoked daddy-long legs spiders and the white ake-up was more scary-dead-demoness than modern-day Geisha. Anyways, this post isn't about the make up (we complain about how they shoot abaya adverts enough on Muslimah chat forums---we know they often forget who they are marketing it to):I DO like the square metal sequins on this one. I could wear it. But probably wouldn't often. It might be too industrial chique for me.Balloon sleeves were definately in this season, over last year's bishts. I like the look of a half ballon sleeve but not a full on me. I think the full ballon it is a younger look, sooooooo cute on teens, tweens, and very hip muslimahs. Avoid for the most part if pregant.:P the fabrics used on this one were lush though.This is one I'd wear for sure. I love black and whites (they tend to be classic) and the neck detail with the high collar and rossette is tres chique.Ovelapping heavy thread embroidery adorn this abaya and shayla. Cuz of the colours, I could see this one as daywear for Ange Ӈҿɡɑɓ~Ṙҿɧɑɓ.The same style embroidery as on the last pink, but in the collection's signature colours. Another balloon sleeve, but I like the pretty detail at the wrists. More delicate that look #3 pictured.
I really, really do like this one. You can tell the lace is high quality. I wouldn't wear that shade of lace though, just me personally. Were the lace purple, light pink, salmon or beige or green or gold I would be all over it. And what's up with the cup thing under the shayla? In the days before clips were around, girls that were inventing that khaleeji bump used to wear yogurt cups on their heads (no, I am not kidding) which they slowly starting manufacturing into puffy floral feathered hair clips, but I wonder if the stylist was still using yogurt cups????!
This one though, is the only one that I really really love. I love the shayla the most, how it forms the bridal veil. VEEERRRRY ELEGANT. And the bow detail at the neckline isn't girly. It is womanly.

No comments:

Post a Comment