Saturday, June 13, 2009

Are You Afraid? Have fear of none but Allah...

Lots of of us are afraid. I was afraid I would lose my family, my income, my place to live... if I became a Muslim. In the end I realized, I already WAS a Muslim, all I had left to do was make my shahada, so there was no fighting it. I lost my family my means of supporting myself and my income, but Allah restored them to me ya subhanallah, and provided me with a husband who supported me until I found a job and who gave me place to live. When I wore hijab, I was afraid they could not like it in workplaces but I knew I deserved the jobs out there, so I PROVED IT. When I started to wear mainly black jilbab (after I had already been physically attacked and sexually and racially attacked for simply wearing headscarf) my husband was afraid for me, and said if I wanted to I could keep wearing pants and long coats. I said, no. If I am doing something that pleases Allah, He alone will protect me (not Western clothing) and if something harms me when I am obeying Him, it is for good and not evil. A difficult thing for a husband that wants to protect a woman to accept, sure. I have to this date never been attacked for wearing my jilbab.

Some people say obeying the mere commandments in the Qu'ran and sunnah are out looking for trouble. No, auoothoobillahi this is not so! There is a difference between wearing proper hijab and doing the plain dumb stupid stunt pictured below:
This man is doing something that Allah says in the Qu'ran we are not to do, and that is kill ourselves. By the action of his own stunt, using the car in that manner, he may crush himself. By wearing hijab, or jilbab, or niqab, the fabric cannot harm me. People might go out of their way to, but it is quite a different thing to have that Saudi dude die by this car toppling on him, than for him to be dressed in nice clothes to go to Jummah salat and deposit sadaqah in the Masjid box and then be mugged and killed for that money simply because he looked like he had some. That is the difference between killing one's self, and obeying Allah.

Now a sister recently worte me about the dangers of wearing niqab, and another about the dangers of wearing hijab. I will say the same thing to my husband who fears for my safety as I start to wear niqab and to those sisters around me. This is what the Messenger of Allah sallalahu alahi wa salaam and the Companions said: "Allah is sufficient for us, and He is the best to determine our affairs."

No comments:

Post a Comment