Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Sheer Panel Bright Fabric Abayas in Saudi

My sister in law says that the big trend in her part of KSA is to have a coloured fabric abaya with a panel of sheer black chiffon sewn on top of it. But she doesn't agree with this trend. I have never seen girls from Saudi wearing these creations here in the West. Why not? With them you'd fit in here. I asked a Saudi sister who wears pastel jilbabs and niqab here. She says that's because in general, the girls that wear the sheer panel bright abayaat in Saudi, tend to wear skinny jeans here. I said that's just sad. They'd fit right in here in those abayaat and still be covered. She nods hesitantly. "Some people are just not religious" she says. I ask her what she wears in Saudi. "Black abayaat". Not to generalize in this article though, because I think the bright panel fabric abayaat are waaaaay better than discarding the abaya completely. And I like them for here.My sister tends to wear black abayaat with simple decorations like this one below, and a boushiya veil. A simple pink ribbon stripe on the sleeve, or ebroidery on the fringes, are okay to her. Her style sounds alot of like Aalia's:D
What do you think of this trend?

No comments:

Post a Comment